How You Win for You and Your Business
The 2014 WVEC Conference and Competition offers peerless opportunities for personal growth and professional success for every woman that attends.
You’ll learn what it means to not just be in business, but what it will take to get there as the CEO of a thriving enterprise. Discover what it means to grow your business with real revenue growth and not just live contract to contract. You’ll hear from nationally renowned small business experts and women vets that have turned their ideas into million dollar success stories.
And you’ll connect with other women vets and spouses just like you from across the country who are ready to take control of their potential for success and create jobs in their communities.
Awardees Prize Package
Up to 100 Finalists will be named after the pitch competition, which takes place on April 15. Each Finalist will have the opportunity to apply to receive our full, grand prize package to promote their business which includes:
- $1,000 cash award
- A PR Kit including a professional color headshot, branded press release template, and media interview tips
- Access to national publicity. [Past awardees have been featured on NBC Nightly News, NBC Today Show, ABC, MSNBC, CNN, Fox; Fortune, Inc., Black Enterprise magazines; New York Times, Washington Post and Newsday; and Huffington Post, Fox Business, Bloomberg TV among many others.]
- One-year’s membership in WIPP (Women Impacting Public Policy), the leading national non-partisan business advocacy organization
- A spot in the Business Accelerator, a nine-month in-depth coaching and training program that increases your business revenues, on average, by 30% or more in 18 to 36 months.
- A spot in the Mastermind Mentor Program with Capital One with executives
Up to 80 women will be selected for the nine-month Business Accelerator Program and receive a cash prize to help build their business.
Criteria for Pitch Competition
To pitch your business, you and your business should meet the following criteria:
- Be a women business owner who is a U.S. Military veteran, spouse/domestic partner or daughter of a U.S. Military veteran;
- Be at least 50% woman owned;
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal resident;
- Be in business at least one year;
- Have annual revenues of between $50,000 and $750,000
- Be ready to grow your business by at least 30% in the next 18-36 months
Have Questions? Email Us.
Count Me In Business Accelerator Program
Women selected as Awardees are invited to participate in the Count Me In Business Accelerator program, a 9-month curriculum designed to help women business owners with $50,000 to $750,000 in annual gross revenues reach $250,000 to $1 million within 18-36 months. This program, provided FREE to all WVEC Awardees, is valued at $3000. It utilizes an effective combination of group coaching and training in a variety of critical business-building topics with expert support and peer accountability.