Eligibility & Selection Process
Make Mine a Million $ Business™ targets businesses organized and doing business in the United States with the following characteristics:
- The company must be at least 50% owned by at least one woman who is a U.S. citizen or legal resident.
- The business should be at least two years old and have annual revenues of at least $200,000. The company’s product or services should have (in the judges’ opinion) the growth potential to achieve $1 million or more in annual revenues within two years.
- The owner(s) should have four or more years of relevant industry experience.
- The business must show a reasonable debt-to-equity ratio (in the subjective discretion of the judges) including the capacity to assume additional debt.
- The owner has a personal credit history which is satisfactory to the judges.
All Applicants who are selected as Finalists must attend the Event at their own expense and be willing to participate in the coaching program, related public relations events, and promotions for the Make Mine a Million $ Business program and its Sponsors and other partners. In some cases applicants may be asked to change the event/location to which they have applied. You will be notified by Count Me In if this occurs.
Applications for the Make Mine a Million $ Business program are screened by Count Me In staff and a team of banking and financial professionals selected by Count Me In.
Applications are rated according to how well they meet the eligibility requirements of the Program and the following additional criteria:
- Company’s potential to reach the $1 million revenue level (or higher) within 18-24 months
- Potential to scale business
- Realistic vision
- Mindset for growth
- Company has a credible Marketing Plan
- Identifiable niche and target market
- Clear strategy to reach target market
- Competitive strengths
- Management has the capacity to take the Company to the next level
- owner’s experience and skill
- experience of management team (if applicable)
- Company appears to be on a sound financial footing
- financial acumen of owner
- management of personal and business credit
- company is financially solvent and shows historical growth
- ability to take on more debt
- Company will benefit from being in the Program.
Applicants with the highest ratings will be selected as Finalists. Finalists must be able to attend the Event in which they have applied for, where they will compete for a limited number of Awards Packages.
At the Event, each Finalist will make a three-minute presentation of their business, their qualifications, and how they would benefit from the Program. This Elevator Pitch is given in front of a live audience and a panel of qualified judges selected by Count Me In. The judges, with input from the audience vote, will select which of the Finalists should be named as Award Recipients.
Elevator Presentations are judged on the following criteria;
- Entrepreneur’s ability to execute her vision (growth/mindset/depth of experience)
- Growth potential of the business (in terms of size and scale)
- Realistic marketing and financing strategy (well-defined market niche/competitive advantages/financial acumen)
- A person/company may only apply one (1) time per event
This program is available to US residents only.
|Eligibility & Selection Process||Application Instructions|
|Awards Package & Participation||Frequently Asked Questions|
|Getting Ready & Deadlines||Terms & Conditions|
|Apply button.jpg||23.12 KB|
|Apply button.jpg||17.2 KB|
|Apply button copy.jpg||18.33 KB|