1. During the registration process with Count Me In, we ask for contact information such as an e-mail address and name. This initial contact information can be used by Count Me In to send you information regarding our organization and site. In addition, we also may send information to you from our affiliates in order to serve you better. Any communication between these affiliates and you will be routed through Count Me In, so as to ensure your privacy.
4. Your profile information (including any demographic information you provide, such as zip code and work information) may be used to create personalized content, marketing, and services. Count Me In will use this information so that we can deliver personalized information based on your location and interests. Furthermore, Count Me In may provide affiliates with non-personally identifiable profile information to generate general reports and market research. Count Me In does not include personally identifiable information about you or about your online usage. However, there may be occasions where Count Me In will ask for your permission to share particular information with a third party. Count Me In reserves the right, without disclosing your personally identifiable information, to use your information in order to offer you third party services we think might interest you or to generate data so that we may learn more about how to help women needing financial assistance. However, we will not provide this service or information if you notify us that you are not interested.
6. If you contribute online to Count Me In the information obtained during your visit to our site, as well as information you gave out, is provided to our merchant partners. This is to enable the transaction to take place and for the contribution to be deposited into the fund. These merchants by contract cannot use this information for another purpose without your express permission. To contact the online contributions portal with questions or concerns about your donations, please visit www.nycharities.org.
7. There may be times when Count Me In will use content that you post in chat rooms, discussions, message boards, and any other public section, for promotional purposes, email newsletters, or elsewhere, and by using any public area on Count Me In you agree that we may do so. Information disclosed in these areas, such as chat rooms, message boards and news groups, is public information. Therefore, you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose information, especially personal information, in these areas.
10. Count Me In is committed to the safety of children. If children under 18 years of age elect to use our services, they should ask a parent or guardian for permission before sending any information to the site, or to anyone online. Count Me In will not request or knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from a child. No information collected from guests under 18 years of age is used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever, either inside or outside Count Me In. We do not allow guests under 18 years of age to receive direct marketing communications from Count Me In.